Monday, June 4, 2012

A new adventure among old friends

In a week and a half, I'll be leaving to head back to Romania.  This will be the third summer in a row that I have  been in Romania.  However, this journey started much farther back.  This summer is the start of a new adventure that began in 1998.  That was the year I took my first overseas mission trip to Romania.  It was also the start of God's calling on my life to work in that country.  From that first summer, Romania has been on my heart.  I never knew it would take more that 10 years for me to get back there, but in 2010 I was able to go with some family friends to work at a Gypsy camp for two weeks.  The amazing thing was that this camp, while in Romania, was working with primarily Hungarian speaking Gypsies.  I lived in Hungary for three years and, while there, started to learn Hungarian.  Those language classes came to good use during those two weeks of camp.  During those two weeks, I began to see how God might be calling me back to Romania.  After two years of praying and seeking, it is finally time for this adventure to start full time.  I can't wait to see where it takes me, and I look forward to sharing it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment