Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Goin' to the chapel...

...and we're gonna get married!

Most all of you know about the upcoming event of the summer.  But in case anyone hasn't heard, I want to let you all know that...

I'm Getting Married!

Many of you also know this wonderfully special girl that I am so privileged to spend the rest of my life with.  But I'll tell you a little about Katie McClung (soon to be Crook), too.

We actually worked together for the first time in Romania!  When I first came to Romania to work with Toth Attila in 2010, I was essentially taking Katie's place for that summer.  She was unable to come because of graduate school (did I tell you she's smart?).  However, in 2011, we both came to Romania to work in the gypsy summer camp.  Although this wasn't the first time we had met, this was the first time that we spent any time together and really started to know who the other was.  I am so thankful that God placed us both in this place together that year.  Even though neither of us was ready for "us" to happen that summer, God even then started to lay the groundwork for our relationship.  In November of 2012, I asked Katie if we could start to think seriously about a relationship, and on December 31/January 1 (right at midnight) I asked Katie to be my wife.  There were fireworks...really, truly fireworks!

Katie is an ESL teacher in a public school in Brooklyn, but we will be living and working in Reghin, Romania after the wedding.  She will also be helping keep you all updated about what is going on in our lives.  You might actually get to know more about what's going on than if I myself try to keep this up! :)

Thanks to the many of you who have already congratulated us and for your continued prayers for our upcoming wedding and the start of our life together.

You can also check out our wedding website:
www.weddingwire.com/katieandpaul2014






No comments:

Post a Comment